12th May 2020
Reopening Solutions for Operators
As the foodservice industry begins thinking about reopening following the outbreak of COVID-19 in the UK, FEM has a selection of products to help you.
You may already be in the process of a phased reopening, or are planning for when you can reopen, either way, it is essential to be ready for when your doors reopen to the general public. Today's customers are concerned about health, and with good reason, the Coronavirus pandemic has meant all businesses MUST step up safety procedures, cleaning, sanitation and much more to keep staff and customers safe, ease the pressure on our emergency services, and most importantly save lives.
The foodservice and hospitality industry has been hit hard by the pandemic, being the first to close and most likely will be the last to reopen to the general public.
The ‘Plan’ of Attack
As we know, the government is planning a phased approach to coming out of lockdown. Yesterday Andrew Seymour, Editor of the Foodservice Equipment Journal, responded following Prime Minister Boris Johnston’s address to the nation on Sunday evening:
“Prime minister Boris Johnson has given his clearest indication yet of when he expects the UK hospitality sector to properly begin opening its doors again – citing July as the timeframe the government is working to.
“In a speech to the nation last night, Mr Johnson indicated it would be at least two more months before the hospitality sector, along with other public places, could start to re-open.”
While the industry awaits further government guidance on how to operate under social distancing guidelines, there are many other factors your business must consider in the plan to reopen.
At FEM we are here to help you get prepared in our ‘Reopening Solutions for Operators' series, featuring a range of products, solutions and guidance in helping you plan ahead of the July timeframe.
Reopening Solutions for Operators
- Part 1: Keeping Your Staff & Customers Safe – From safety screens, to hand sanitising stations, to cleaning products, ensure the safety of everyone walking through your doors.
- Part 2: Delivery & Takeout – Our Insulated Transportation range offers superior temperature retention and food safety kitting you up for delivery and takeout success.
- Part 3: Cooking & Holding – From the Vector multi-cook oven to hot food holding solutions ensure your menu is equipped with the best in delivering outstanding cooking results.
- Part 4: Preparation & Storage - From shelving and food storage solutions to Vacuum packers to extend shelf life ensure your kitchen is compliant by reducing handling and contamination.
- Part 5: Food Safety – Is of utmost importance no matter your operation, from allergen-safety tools and cookware to antimicrobial utensils, we have you covered!
- Part 6: Safe Ice Handling – From affordable ice scoops to ice machines with anti-bacterial features built-in, ensure you are at the top of your game in ice management.
- Part 7: Dispensing & Serving – With Quick Serve Utensils, Trays, Plate Covers, Cup & Lid Dispensers, and condiment organisers ensure you are serving your customers safely and responsibly.
With our extensive product range and foodservice solutions, we are here to help you get equipped with the best in ensuring your operation is safe to operate. Part one coming soon!
For further advice, please get in touch, call us on 01355 244111 or email email@example.com
Each section of the 'Reopening Solutions for Operators' is available in digital format for your business or for your customers. Please fill out the form below to receive a copy to your inbox.